Duty of Care with Outdoor Marquee's & Gazebo's
- Your marquee roof and walls should to be UVF 50+ rated for sun protection in the outdoors. This would make you Sunsmart compliant.
- Your marquee should be Australian Standard certified, and used as per the certification to ensure that your public liability insurance is not invalidated due to use of a non certified marquee
- You need to retain or hold down your marquee as per the wind speed tables in your certification documentation.This means you need marquee leg weights or external guy ropes and pegs as per the specifications for the frame of the marquee . Do not use wheel based marquee's which compromise ground contact area's and your ability to achieve hold down weights.
- You need a marquee that easily goes up, comes down and is not too heavy to move for the people you assign to do the task
- You need a marquee with good quality wheel based transportation system with lift ergonomics to protect the back's of your staff.
Mountain Shade marquee's tick all these boxes, and donot use wheels on the feet of the marquee during its operation - we use wheels on the carry bag of the marquee frame. We recommend you consider any marquee purchases based on these requirements and how it impacts your OH&S guidelines. If in doubt, call Mountain Shade or your Workcover representative.
Register your interest by contacting us on 1300 320 540 or get a free quote within hours.